Here is your complete travel guide to the off-beaten and famous tourist spots in Bulacan province! Find out why it is one of the best places to visit and know what it’s known for.
Bulacan province prides itself on being the site of major historical events in the Philippines! It saw the First Constitutional Democracy in Asia and important battles that led to the liberation of the Philippines from the Spanish 300-year regime.
Aside from its role in Philippine history, the province boasts of numerous sites for eager tourists and adventurers. Here, you’ll find panoramic viewpoints, scenic mountains, cascading waterfalls, enchanting caves, vast plains, pristine rivers, and critical sanctuaries.
Add to these centuries-old churches with stunning architecture.
It’s more fun in Bulacan province indeed! Without further ado, here are the Bulacan tourist attractions you should not miss.
Get the latest updates about Philippine tourism including popular and off-beaten destinations by downloading the Visitour PH app. It’s your one-stop shop for all Philippine travel-related information including destinations and accommodations!
Behold Must-See Bulacan Tourist Spot
1. Mt. Gola
Mt. Gola is one of the two major peaks found in Biak na Bato National Park. During the Japanese regime, the mountain served as a camp and vantage point for Filipino guerillas.
The province designated it as a heritage site and is now one of the most popular tourist spots in Bulacan province.
- Location/Jump-off: Biak na Bato National Park, San Miguel
- Entrance Fee: Php 30
- Guide Fee for a Group: Php 300 to Php 500
- Contact: 09053726148 (Municipality of San Miguel)
2. Barasoain Church
Barasoain Church is one of the historical tourist spots in Malolos, Bulacan. Also known as Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish, the church was built in the 1880s. Near the church, you’ll find a mini-museum featuring religious icons and materials. Daily mass is celebrated here. This is one of the tourist destinations which Bulacan is known for.
- Location/Jump-off: Malolos City
3. Biak na Bato National Park
The Biak na Bato National Park boasts of numerous caves with stunning stalactite and stalagmite rock formations. One of the most visited of these caves is the Aguinaldo Cave which served as a hide-out of former president Emilio Aguinaldo during the Filipino-American war.
Aside from the caves, there are several mountain peaks you can assault such as Mt. Gola and Mt. Manalmon. These peaks offer you a breathtaking view of the Sierra Madre mountain ranges and the low-lying plains.
- Location/Jump-off: San Miguel
4. National Shrine of the Divine Mercy
The National Shrine of the Divine Mercy is one of the best churches to visit in Bulacan. It is home to a famous grotto of Our Lady of Fatima including life-sized statues of the Stations of the Cross.
There is also a souvenir shop where you can buy religious items. It is one of the best tourist spots in San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan.
5. Baguio of Bulacan-Hilltop
If you’re looking for a nearby site to experience cool weather, then check out the so-called “Hilltop” on the outskirts of Norzagaray. From here, catch a stunning view of the Sierra Madre and Cordillera mountain ranges including Angat and Ipo dams. There is also a rappelling site here to satisfy your craving for adventure.
- Location/Jump-off: Bitbit Bridge, Brgy San Lorenzo, Norzagaray
- Cottage Rent: Php 250 per cottage
- Rappelling Contact: 09167388880
6. Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm
Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm is one of the educational tourist spots in Bulacan. The farm advocates social entrepreneurship, helping the local community and beyond.
If you come here, you’re not only learning but also helping in advocacy. Here, you’ll have the chance to experience farming, feeding animals, pottery making, and irrigation.
- Location/Jump-off: California Street, Pandi-Angat Road, Angat
- Day Tour Rate: Php 395 to Php 995
- Overnight Rate at Pool Villa: Php 800 to Php 3,500
- Operation Time: 8am to 5pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Tip: Book a trip through firstname.lastname@example.org before visiting.
7. St. Andrew Kim Tae Gon Shrine
Saint Andrew Kim Tae Gon Shrine is a Korean-born priest who served in Lolomboy, Bulacan. He is the shrine’s secondary patron, after Sto. Cristo.
- Location/Jump-off: Lolomboy
8. Candaba Bird Sanctuary
Candaba Bird Sanctuary is one of the protected tourist spots in Bulacan. Birdwatchers love coming here to catch sight of different species of endemic and migratory birds, some of which come from as far away as Russia and Japan.
Conversion to farmland and illegal hunting, however, are decimating the sanctuary. There is an urgent need to protect what if left of this ecological beauty and bounty.
- Location/Jump-off: Baliu
9. Guiguinto Old Train Station
Guiguinto Old Train Station inspired some of the most popular literary works in the country. The old train station was the site of an ambush that killed six priests during the Spanish period.
Aside from its historical importance, the station also offers a good view of the sunset and its architectural design is a sight in itself. It is also one of the historical tourist destinations in Bulacan.
- Location/Jump-off: Guiguinto
10. Mount Manalmon
Mount Manalmon is one of the popular hiking tourist spots in Bulacan province, located in Biak na Bato National Park. It takes easy trekking across gently rolling trails toward the peak.
From the top, catch a breathtaking view of the lush vegetation and the vast plains of Bulacan. If you’re exhausted, there is a nearby river where you can have a rejuvenating swim.
- Location/Jump-off: San Miguel
11. Casa Real Shrine
Casa Real Shrine was one of the government centers of the Spaniards during their colonization of the Philippines. Built in 1580, it housed governors during such a period. Today, it houses rare artifacts from the first republic of the Philippines.
- Location/Jump-off: Plaza Rizal, Malolos City
12. Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes
The Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes is one of the most popular religious tourist spots in Bulacan. Interestingly, the grotto is an exact replica of the internationally-known grotto in France. Catholic pilgrims from all over the country and many miraculous have been reported.
- Location/Jump-off: Sta. Maria-Tungkong Mangga Road, San Jose del Monte City
- Healing Mass: 9 am every Saturday
- Regular Mass: 7 am daily
13. Verdivia Falls
Verdivia Falls is a 15-feet waterfall cascading on a wide pool. The pool is fit for swimming and bamboo rafting. Its waters come from pristine forests upstream. Locals love coming here to escape the lowland heat and to commune with the rustic environment. This is one of the must-visit tourist spots in DRT, Bulacan.
- Location/Jump-off: Brgy. Talbak, Doña Remedios Trinidad
- Entrance Fee: Php 10 per person
- Guide Fee: Php 200 for a group
14. Saint John of God Parish Church
Saint of God Parish Church, one of the best tourist spots in San Rafael, Bulacan, dates back to the 19th century. Also called San Juan de Dios Parish, the church was the site of the Battle of San Rafael, a historic duel between the Spanish Army and the Filipino resistance forces. Hundreds of Filipinos died during the battle.
- Location/Jump-off: Brgy Poblacion, San Rafael
15. Pinagrealan Cave
Pinagrealan Cave is one of the emerging tourist spots in Norzagaray, Bulacan. It served as a hideout of Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo during the Spanish-Filipino war. It is also a favorite hiking destination and inside, there are pools and limestone rock formations such as the Rhino’s Rock and Lioness Head Rock.
- Location/Jump-off: Brgy Minuyan, Norzagaray
- Entrance Fee: Php 50
16. Marcelo H. Del Pilar Museum
The said museum commemorates Marcelo H. Del Pilar, one of the iconic figures during the Filipino resistance against the Spaniards. His writings were instrumental to the Philippine liberation from Spain.
The museum houses artifacts, books, and literary works attributed to Del Pilar including an original copy of the La Solidaridad.
- Location/Jump-off: Sitio Cupang, Brgy. San Nicolas
- Operation Time: 8 am to 5 pm (Tuesdays to Sundays)
17. Madlum Cave
Madlum Cave is one of the two cave systems found in Biak na Bato. Inside, you’ll find different rock formations to ignite your imagination.
Expect a challenging trek, swim, and bridge crossing while trekking in the cave. Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo created the Malolos Constitution in this very cave.
- Location/Jump-off: San Miguel
18. Reyes Strawberry Farm
Yes, you’ve read that right! Strawberries can grow not just in Baguio but also in Bulacan. At Reyes Strawberry Farm, you’ll have the chance to pick fresh strawberries and enjoy the rustic atmosphere. Besides, the farm offers grape picking. It is one of the most frequented tourist spots in Calumpit, Bulacan.
- Location/Jump-off: Purok 2 Calumpong, Calumpit
- Entrance Fee: None
- Strawberry Season: September to early March
- Strawberry Picking Rate: Php 100- Php 200
- Parking: Available
19. Bitbit River
Bitbit River is one of the most preserved tourist spots in Bulacan province. Locals love coming here because of its pristine waters emanating from the Sierra Madre. Here, you can rappel on surrounding rocks and cliffs or jump into the cool waters.
- Location/Jump-off: Norzagaray
20. Bayokbok Cave
Bayokbok Cave is one of the off-beaten tourist spots in Bulacan. Via hiking or vehicle, you can reach the cave that is just 7.5 kilometers from the town center.
Near the cave is the Madlum River, home to shrimps and other aquatic species. Inside the cave, you’ll find stalactite and stalagmite rock formations.
- Location/Jump-off: Sitio Madlum, Brgy. Sibul, San Miguel
For Your Information
If you need more information to help set up your itinerary to the tourist spots in Bulacan province, do contact the provincial tourism office via the following:
- Facebook Page: Provincial History, Arts, Culture and Tourism Office – Bulacan
- Contact: (044) 791 9252
- Email: email@example.com
- 20+ Tourist Spots in Nueva Ecija (COMPLETE TRAVEL GUIDE)
- Top 20+ Natural & Historical Tourist Spots in Bataan You Should not Miss
- 20+ Zambales Tourist Spots: Best Places including Coves & Beaches
- 20+ Tourist Spots in Aurora Province (COMPLETE TRAVEL GUIDE)
- Top 20 Tarlac Tourist Spots: Best Destinations and Things to Do
- Best 20+ Pampanga Tourist Spots You Should Not Miss and Things to Do